Acidity or acid reflux is a very common condition. We all suffer from acidity problem at any time or in our life. Acidity occurs when acid is secreted excessively by the gastric glands of the stomach, causing heartburn and abdominal pain.
- Very few people feel that unhealthy lifestyle choices are the main reason for the condition. Acidity may be caused by long intervals between food, empty stomach or heavy consumption of tea, coffee or excessive oil and spicy food.
- While there are many types of medicines available to treat acidity, you can choose simple home remedies to get rid of gas and acidity. Read them to know.
- Commonly known as basil, is an effective method for treating acidity. In Ayurveda, the medicinal properties of Tulsi are also recommended. Various experts recommend chewing fresh leaves of basil before meals.
- Mint leaves are also considered a popular natural remedy for acidity. To get rid of acidity you can chew some peppermint on an empty stomach for a month. You can also drink mint juice after a heavy meal. This will aid in digestion.
- Coconut is widely known for its medicinal properties for curing many diseases. Drinking coconut water on an empty stomach helps in fighting regular acidity.
- You can also make a mixture using coconut water and fresh peels and cucumber in the food processor. Drinking this mixture 15-20 minutes after a meal is considered very useful.
Orange juice with cumin
- Take fresh orange juice and add some roasted cumin seeds to it. For quick relief, drink this juice after the first symptoms of acidity. For long term benefits you can continue it for seven days.
- The fastest and easiest way to prevent acidity is Apple Cider Vinegar. Take 2-3 spoons of vinegar in a glass of water and drink it for quick relief.
- Lemon juice is again a very effective remedy for gas and acidity. Mix two to three teaspoons of lemon juice in a glass of water, preferably before eating a hot and heavy meal. Repeat twice a day.
- Ginger is another useful spice, which has digestive and anti-inflammatory properties that can neutralize stomach acids. You can either chew a piece of ginger or boil it in water to consume it.
- Cinnamon has natural healing properties. It contains antacids that help in reducing the acidic reaction. It can be consumed with tea or hot water.
Note:Try these home remedies to avoid the possible side effects of using regular medicines for gas and acidity. But if you have been suffering from acidity for a long time then do not forget to consult the doctor.