How perform Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation) and it’s precautions
How to do Surya Namaskar Mudra(Sun Salutation)
Better results are seen only after performing Surya Namaskar in the right way. Here we are showing the sequence of how to do Surya Namaskar sequentially. To complete each of its steps you must adopt the following asanas:
For this asana, first of all, spread out yoga mats and stand straight. Now put both hands together and bring them to your chest and come over to say hello.
Now take a deep breath and raise your hands above your head joining your hands. Note that in this case both arms touch the ears. Now try to move your upper body back as much as possible while keeping your lower body straight from the waist.
Now, as you exhale, slowly bring both hands forward and lean forward on your stomach and try to put both hands on the ground. Note that in this situation the forehead should be touched with the knees of the feet.
4-Ashwa Sanchalanasana(अश्व संचालनासन)
Now breathing while sitting on your left foot, keep your right foot as far back as possible on the floor. Note that in this case, the knee of the right leg must touch the ground. While in this pose, look up from the neck.
As you exhale in this pose, the left leg should also move back. After coming parallel to the left and right toes, try lifting the body from the middle. During this time, the palms and claws should be adjacent to the ground. Note that in this position the arms and legs must be straight.
Now, to enter Ashtangasana from the mountain, you first have to breathe deeply. After this, place both knees on the floor. Now, without exhaling, touch the ground with your chest and chin. In this pose, the waist and the ax should have been raised upwards.
In this posture, now, without exhaling, take the part of the waist close to the ground. Then try lifting the upper part of the waist. In this case, the palms should be close to the ground, and the neck should be turned upward and face the sky.
Now we have to go back to the mountain. To do this, as you exhale, try to raise your mid-body. Keep in mind that while doing this asana, both hands should be straight and the heels should touch the ground. Also try to look towards the belly button.
9-Ashwa Sanchalanasana(अश्व संचालनासन)
Then take a deep breath, bring your right leg forward and sit on it. At the same time, keep your left leg straight and bring your knee to the ground.
After that, while exhaling, bring your left foot forward. Now straighten your legs keeping your hands close to the ground and try to touch your forehead with your knees.
Now take a deep breath, raise your hands up and try to bend back as much as possible while joining your palms.
Finally, you have to get to Posture Posture. For this, stand up straight and join hands and join hands in greeting.
Surya Namaskar Tips for Beginners
If someone is practicing Surya Namaskar for the first time, then some things need to be especially taken care of, some of which are as follows:
- Always do Surya Namaskar at sunrise time, facing the sun or towards the east.
- Understand each step of this yogasana closely and do it slowly and comfortably.
- It would be better if the stomach was empty before performing Surya Namaskar.
- Special focus on the breathing and exhalation process.
- As you lean back, spread your legs and lean forward, be careful that there are no blows to the body.
- Do Surya Namaskar according to your ability. It is not necessary to overemphasize the muscles.
- It would be better if you practice it early with a coach.
- At first, if you feel pain in any part of your body while doing this yoga, stop doing it.
Some Precautions for Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Before practicing Surya Namaskar it is important to keep in mind some important things.
- Do not try to do this pose during pregnency.
- Patients with hernia and high blood pressure should not do this yoga practice.
- Avoid Surya Namaskar in case of back pain.
- Women are advised not to do Surya Namaskar even during the menstrual cycle.