Yoga ayurvedayoyoga ayurveda
Integration of Ayurveda and Yoga can capture the full potential of these centuries old practices for total age and healthy living.
Ayurveda and Yoga are two important healing and rejuvenation practices born in India. Both these systems have their origin in the Vedas. It is believed that Ayurveda and Yoga are the practice of this science for overall health and well-being. According to the Vedic system, Ayurveda is a medicinal system for the purpose of healing the body and yoga is not a healing system, but an exercise for inner peace and spiritual well-being. While Yoga prepares the body for spiritual rejuvenation and enlightenment, Ayurveda gives a way to keep the body and mind healthy.
For body and soul
- There are many similarities between Yoga and Ayurveda. The two agree together not as a body but as a body, mind and soul. Ayurveda and Yoga are based on the principles of Panchamahabhuta – Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Space and Triguna – Sattva, Raja and Tama.
- These two systems are based on body building (Vata, Pitta, Kapha). Ayurveda is based on the happiness of a particular person’s body in diet and medical procedures. Yoga stabilizes all bodily humor and has different effects on different yoga postures and body types of Vata, Pitta, Kapha.
- Due to Yoga and Ayurveda, the effect of diet and medicines on the body is also important. The yoga tone resides in the body parts and purifies the vital organs.
- Yoga is not just about postures, it includes moral topics, breath control, sensory aspects, prayer, mantras and many meditation principles. Similarly, Ayurveda includes dietary treatments, all methods of lifestyle control.
- There are several benefits of integrating these two treatment therapies. Ayurveda and Yoga together form a complete package for optimal health and wellness.
- The combination of Ayurveda in Yoga is a combination of yogic and Ayurvedic combination for proper treatment of mind and body. Yoga calms the mind and eases the tension of the body. This creates an ideal platform for Ayurvedic medicine as Ayurveda works best in the stress-free mind and body.
- Simple things like practicing Ayurvedic diet and spiritual approach to yoga can cure many diseases, especially lifestyle related diseases.
- Disease can be diagnosed by Ayurvedic experts and treatment methods along with medical methods can be used to the full potential of Vedic knowledge.